Personal attacks etc (was Re: USA: National Security Strategy...)

Marina Brown catskillmarina at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 09:49:26 PST 2018

On 01/04/2018 03:47 AM, jim bell wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 9:51:25 PM PST, Marina Brown
> <catskillmarina at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 01/03/2018 02:35 PM, g2s wrote:
>>
>> Marina Brown wrote:
>>
>>> I stand with Ceci.
>>
>> I'll take her light hearted fun stuff over the far right
>> babblings that have pushed decent discussion off this list for
>> the most part.
>>
>> How did we get to this point ?
>>
>> --- Marina
>>

>> AnarchoCap/So-called "libertarian" infestation. They attract
>> fascists and nazis because they share an underlying ideology,
>> despite their bleatings to the contrary.
>>
>> Rr
>
>> Yep.... The far right libertarians like Hoppe
>

> Uh, pardon me, but how can you refer to people as "far right
> libertarians"?  Do you know nothing of the Nolan Chart,
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolan_Chart
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolan_Chart,>  and the World's
> Smallest Political Quiz:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolan_Chart  .
>
> "Far right libertarians" is dangerously close to being an oxymoron.
>  "Rightward libertarians" is plausible.

OK - i forgot the scare quotes. I was thinking of Hoppe and his former
fan Cantwell.

The phenomenon i am talking about are "libertarians" who don't care
about personal liberty, freedom to travel, and other stuff most of us
on this list hold dear. The folks i mean care only for private
property and don't seem to care if a restrictive dystopia results.

- From now on i will use scare quotes.

- --- Marin