Personal attacks etc (was Re: USA: National Security Strategy...)

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Jan 4 13:13:08 PST 2018

On 1/5/2018 5:58 AM, juan wrote:
> 	I don't know what 'tenured academics' said.

Well I quite certainly do know what they said.

And if you do not know what they said, then you are in no position to
contradict me.

If I say "no flying saucers exist", it is the job of those who doubt me
to produce evidence of flying saucers

And saying "My mother used to ride a flying saucer to Mars every morning
on Sunday" is unconvincing. If your mother rode a flying saucer to Mars
every morning on Sunday, drama would have ensued resulting in
photographs of her boarding a flying saucer.

And similarly, if a tenured academic criticized the Khmer Rouge before
1978 December, even behind closed doors with the curtains drawn and his
voice lowered, someone would have ratted him out, and drama would have
ensued, some of it in writing.

And if you say, "Oh criticism of the Khmer Rouge was so common and
routine that no drama would have ensued", then a tenured academic would
have existed who criticized the Khmer Rouge *in* *writing* before 1978
December.