Anarchocrapitalism, "libertardianism", et al.

Kurt Buff kurt.buff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 23:21:25 PST 2018

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 10:33 PM,  <jamesd at echeque.com> wrote:
> On 1/4/2018 1:56 PM, Kurt Buff wrote:
>>
>> Capitalism is the belief that free men in free exchange of privately
>> owned resources (including especially themselves) will result in
>> prosperity, peace and more freedom.
>

> g2s is trying to manufacture tribalism on the basis of covetousness, envy,
> and theft.
>
> Libertarianism is a response to this effort
>
> The left wing effort to turn econonomic categories into tribes was never
> terribly successful, and now the left is more focused on trying to generate
> tribalism on the basis of sexual identity and race, generate tribalism on
> the basis of actually existent tribes.
>
> Which is a lot more successful.
>
> Also a lot more likely to lead to genocide.
>
> Libertarianism is paralyzed by this turn, which renders libertarianism
> irrelevant.
>
> Instead of stealing the bakery, or price controlling baker's inputs and
> outputs, they demand the baker cheer at a gay wedding.
>
> Which, on the face of it, does not directly lead to mass murder the way
> stealing, covetousness, and envy does.
>
> But fighting over status is just as likely, indeed more likely to turn
> deadly as fighting over stuff.
>
> It has become apparent that there is no stopping point.  Males are just
> naturally superior to women in the male sphere, and white males are just
> naturally superior to nonwhites in most spheres.
>
> This results in endless, and endlessly escalating efforts, to crush this
> natural superiority.  And this endless escalation has no stopping point but
> genocide.
>
> OK, white men cannot jump and cannot dance, and our running is seriously
> underwhelming, but in most spheres, obviously superior.  In particular and
> especially, white males are superior soldiers to any other race by far.
> Notice the hilarious underperformance of the black posterboys of both sides
> in the civil war.  Similarly, notice that any military that incorporates
> females as soldiers never wins a war against a military that does not,
> irrespective of the races.  You might argue that the Vietnam war was a
> counter example to this, but that was a proxy war between the blue empire
> and the red empire, whites fighting over browns, rather than with browns.
>
> Today's chinese art is obviously superior to today's white art, but this
> reflects our current decadence.  China is coming out of a dark age, while we
> are sliding into a dark age.   Some blame the Jews for the current
> undeniably crappy state of white art.  But the Chinese always had good art,
> even in their dark age.    We have done better in the past than now, but OK,
> whites are not obviously better than East Asians at art, and it is plausible
> that East Asians are better at art than whites.
>
> Whites, on the other hand, are better at technological creativity than
> anyone, even East Asians (though the Japanese are pretty good), and, closely
> related to this, better at war.  The current technological superiority of
> [...]

I used to be much more an admirer of Rand - nowadays not so much.
However, sometimes quotes from her are so very apropos:

“Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes.”
-- Ayn Rand
The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism

"Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism. It
is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to
a man’s genetic lineage—the notion that a man’s intellectual and
characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal
body chemistry. Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged,
not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and
actions of a collective of ancestors.

Racism claims that the content of a man’s mind (not his cognitive
apparatus, but its content) is inherited; that a man’s convictions,
values and character are determined before he is born, by physical
factors beyond his control. This is the caveman’s version of the
doctrine of innate ideas—or of inherited knowledge—which has been
thoroughly refuted by philosophy and science. Racism is a doctrine of,
by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of
collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between
various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men.

Like every form of determinism, racism invalidates the specific
attribute which distinguishes man from all other living species: his
rational faculty. Racism negates two aspects of man’s life: reason and
choice, or mind and morality, replacing them with chemical
predestination."
-- Ayn Rand
“Racism,”
The Virtue of Selfishness

"Today, racism is regarded as a crime if practiced by a majority—but
as an inalienable right if practiced by a minority. The notion that
one’s culture is superior to all others solely because it represents
the traditions of one’s ancestors, is regarded as chauvinism if
claimed by a majority—but as “ethnic” pride if claimed by a minority.
Resistance to change and progress is regarded as reactionary if
demonstrated by a majority—but retrogression to a Balkan village, to
an Indian tepee or to the jungle is hailed if demonstrated by a
minority."
-- Ayn Rand
“The Age of Envy,”
Return of the Primitive: The Anti-Industrial Revolution