the "interests" of democracy - ex-CIA director Woolsey

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Feb 20 00:45:57 PST 2018

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 02:01:58AM -0500, grarpamp wrote:
> > youtube-dl -f best
>
> This is stupid, it's the default.
> And really unkind to your proxies.
>
> Better is something like...
> --prefer-free-formats -f '[tbr<=128]'

I agree with prefer-free-formats, I usually download that way.

-f best use to be the default, but actually no longer is - check the
man page.

-f best is simply a convenience, although doesn't add much in normal
situations - I was experimenting to try to solve the audio-video sync
problem I experience every now and then in VLC on Linux, and I have
not yet determined if "-f best" consistently avoids the problem...

Good luck,