Gatwick drones

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 01:20:11 PST 2018

 On Friday, December 21, 2018, 12:23:44 PM PST, Steven Schear <schear.steve at gmail.com> wrote:

 >One has to wonder if the Gatwik dronners simply found a way to modify the wifi frequency placing it out of the ISM band and the military's radio countermeasures were specifically only for those frequencies.
That sounds relatively simple.  One problem might be that on a spectrum analyzer, a set of WiFi-looking signals, a few tens of MHz from where WiFi ought to be, would stick out like a sore thumb.
The large majority of airport-visiting people have cell phones, and many of them will be accessing WiFi at any given time.  It seems to me that anybody attempting to control a drone secretly might want to "hide in plain sight", using an existing WiFi system.
            Jim Bell