Quantum Gap

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Fri Dec 14 14:46:31 PST 2018

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 04:23:55PM -0300, juan wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 18:45:36 +0000 (UTC)
> jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Secondly, I did in fact comment.
>
> 	Yes, my bad and I apologize.
>
> > See the reference above to the movie, Dr. Strangelove.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybSzoLCCX-Y&t=94s      At 4:13.   Maybe you (maybe even the large majority of you?)  are just way too young to have seen this movie.
>
> 	haha I wish I was way too young  - Anyway, I know the movie is a classic of sorts. I think it's an anti war movie to some degree. And i even tried watching it a while back but didn't find it interesting (but maybe I should try again)

It's pretty fucking funny. Peter Sellers is hilarious. Maybe the
funniest thing about all of it is what Daniel Ellsberg and some of his
colleagues at the RAND corporation said to each other when they came out
of seeing it at a movie theater in 1964:

"That was a documentary"

Ellsberg did some nasty nuclear work with the RAND people long
before the pentagon papers came out... he wrote a decent book about
it (fairly) recently.

https://www.wired.com/2018/03/geeks-guide-doctor-strangelove/

There's a link in the above to a (podcast) interview with Ellsberg
that is pretty interesting.

--
GPG fingerprint: 17FD 615A D20D AFE8 B3E4  C9D2 E324 20BE D47A 78C7