Assange Journalism

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Sat Dec 8 16:26:46 PST 2018

On 12/8/18 3:41 PM, juan wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 13:44:22 -0500
> Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

>> Greenwald distributed the PRISM documents to several press outlets, at
>> least one of which edited them before release per side by side
>> comparison of published versions.  (Or, more than one version was
>> distributed by Greenwald for whatever reason.)
>>
>> So it seems likely that Snowden got his information about how and where
>> the documents were forwarded to news outlets from Greenwald himself.
>
> 	I didn't see evidence for that.

Because Snowden's tale includes how he failed to find a journalist, any
journalist, who was interested in his materials /and/ capable of
communicating via an encrypted channel.  So he had to settle for film
maker Poitras, and attorney & partisan political talking head Greenwald
- just because Poitras was willing/able to use TOR and/or GPG.

Before delivering docs to Greenwald, nobody in the news biz would talk
to Snowden, at least not on his terms.  After, he had no opportunity to
do any more handoffs.

Snowden's tale of how "journalists" should decide what to release
strikes me as a cover story, explaining away his failure to send the
docs to Wikileaks and have done with them, vs. throwing away his entire
life, more or less, via contrived-looking cloak and dagger bullshit.

:o/