Are You Ready for the 'Inevitable' Clampdown on Tech and the Media? - shared from Reason.com

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 8 13:37:07 PST 2018

 On Saturday, December 8, 2018, 12:15:15 PM PST, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:

 On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 19:03:42 -0800
Kurt Buff <kurt.buff at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 4:04 PM jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > https://reason.com/r/1wOM When Apple's CEO Tim Cook says "the free market is not working," bad things are coming.
>
>> Anyone with half a brain and a thought to look has long ago figured
>> out that Tim Cook is a technocrat who wouldn't know a free market if
>> it jumped up and down on his bunions.

 >   the leader of the crapple mafia (CAPPL), sir cook, understands pretty well what a free market is BECAUSE his business bodel is wholly based on subverting the free market and preventing it from ever existing.

>    That's just as true regarding bezos, thiel and all the rest of sillicon valley mafiosi and NSA agents.

 >   As to the bag of shit gillespie, author of that little propaganda piece, he is even more anti free market than cook. The only 'funny' thing about the article is seeing how treason magazine is more corporatist than its corporatist masters. There are for instance articles from scumbag gillespie whining because facebook doesn't censor 'enough' people.

 >    Funnily enough the people who don't have the slightest clue about the nature of a real free market is the vast majority of self described 'libertarians'.

>    And the complete cluelessness of these 'libertarians' is perfectly illustrasted by the ayn randroid slogan

>    "America's Persecuted Minority: Big Business"

>    So Kurt, what do you think about America's Big Business and Reason Magazine?

 >   Same question for Jim Bell.

If you are asking whether America has a "free market", I think the answer is obvious:  "No".   Does it NEED a "free market".  My answer is, "Yes".  Will it get a "free market", at least by listening to Tim Cook?   My answer, "No.".
As for the comment, "Apple's CEO Tim Cook says "the free market is not working,"", my answer is:  The "free market isn't being tried", or "the free market isn't being allowed".
And, to the extent that Tim Cook is implying that "the free market" is failing, yes, he is clearly a biased fool.  I think it is most commonly true that when some market in America is claimed to fail (and possibly the world) that is because it ISN'T a "free market".  Generally, as markets become more free, they become more successful.
But, generally, I like Reason magazine.  I don't know about your criticism of this specific author, however.  Can you cite an article with which you disagree?
                    Jim Bell