Tim May 1992 Post on Future of Cyberspace/Cryptology/Digital Money/Transnationalism

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 01:47:23 PST 2018

 On Saturday, December 22, 2018, 7:06:34 PM PST, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: tcmay at netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
> Date: Wed, 14 Oct 92 11:06:29 PDT
>>> Subject: Some (Pseudo)Random Thoughts

>> Networks are multiplying beyond
>> any hope of government control,

 >   prophetic words. Except the prophesy was 100% wrong =) =(

But I wouldn't blame Tim May.  26 years is "forever" in technology.   26 years ago, very few people had even heard of the "Internet".

>> bandwidths are skyrocketing, CPUs are
> >putting awesome power on our desktops,
> >PGP is generating incredible
>> interest, and social trends are making the time right for crypto
> >anarchy.

>And yet, 25 years later, we are closer than ever to crypto-techno-totalitarianism.

Don't blame me!  I told everyone in 1995 how to get rid of all government.  I wouldn't have been surprised if it had taken 10 years, but so far, it's been 23 years.
Ever heard the joke whose punchline is,  "He sent two boats and a helicopter!   What more did you want?"   https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/fumbling-change/200905/two-boats-and-helicopter-thoughts-stress-management

                 Jim Bell

|  |  |

|  |
Two Boats and a Helicopter: Thoughts on Stress Management

I think about this joke a lot more than I wish I did.

×