Goodlatte: “Obviously, we can’t let citizens raise money and say, ‘The government will spend my money on this purpose.’ ”

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Dec 22 14:46:28 PST 2018

Indeed.

The principle here is the issue - where a federal "elected
legislator" says "Obviously, we can’t let citizens raise money and
say, ‘The government will spend my money on this purpose.’"

That is simply amazing to read.

"Obviously" ???

Or, for that matter, "at all"?!

Please! This is incredible - the hubris of "elected officials" and
similarly "unelected officials" is astounding - brazen disregard for
the true (in principle) sovereigns, that is every individual human in
the area/ jurisdiction.

It's tantamount to saying "Obviously we can't let citizens govern,
since they're, you know, deplorable and don't know what's good for
themselves, so simply absolutely must defer to we superior 'rulers'."

Today's "demoncratic" government is sadly not benevolent.