Tim May's Passing Confirmed

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Wed Dec 19 14:57:11 PST 2018

James Ellis was forerunner of Cocks' PKC in 1970,
"conceived of the possibility of "non-secret
encryption", more commonly termed
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-key_cryptography>public-key
cryptography."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_H._Ellis

Diffie-Hellman is sometimes suggested to have
been aided by NSA whispered nudging of GCHQ
classified efforts. Diffie denies this. To be
sure, crypto leaking strengths and vulns is
inherent in crypto wars. Not many know of
Diffie's TEMPEST hair which bypasses NSA's TSCM during visits.