Are You Ready for the 'Inevitable' Clampdown on Tech and the Media? - shared from Reason.com

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 15:18:06 PST 2018

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 21:37:07 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If you are asking whether America has a "free market", I think the answer is obvious:  "No".   Does it NEED a "free market".  My answer is, "Yes".  Will it get a "free market", at least by listening to Tim Cook?   My answer, "No.".

	Agreed.

> As for the comment, "Apple's CEO Tim Cook says "the free market is not working,"", my answer is:  The "free market isn't being tried", or "the free market isn't being allowed".

	That is true as well.

> And, to the extent that Tim Cook is implying that "the free market" is failing, yes, he is clearly a biased fool.

	No, he's not a biased fool. He is a self-serving liar. And not an ordinary liar either but a very high ranking criminal in the US government-corporate hiearchy. I would describe him as anything but a fool.

> I think it is most commonly true that when some market in America is claimed to fail (and possibly the world) that is because it ISN'T a "free market".  Generally, as markets become more free, they become more successful.

	you would have to define 'successful' - As a libertarian I of course don't care about markets being 'succesful' anyway. The only thing that matters is people being free.

> But, generally, I like Reason magazine.  I don't know about your criticism of this specific author, however.  Can you cite an article with which you disagree?

	Did you read my message?

	My previous message was about pointing out that gillespie and reason magazine are anti-free-market corporatist shills.

	If crapple and the rest of the silicon mafia isn't the result of the free market then gillespie has to admit  either

	1) that the obscene profits of crapple and co. are ilegitimate

	2)  or go the randroid nutcase route and describe them as "poor oppressed minorities" and further conclude than in a 'real' free market  crapple would be an even bigger toxic monopoly.

	Of course gillespie would never admit 1) so...

	Do you want me to analyze gillespie's fascist propaganda paragraph by paragraph? I though that's something you would do since you linked the article in the first place =)