ZDNet: ACLU wants court to release documents on the US' attempt at backdooring Facebook Messenger

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Sun Dec 2 13:58:43 PST 2018

On December 2, 2018 10:22:51 AM PST, jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>ZDNet: ACLU wants court to release documents on the US' attempt at
>backdooring Facebook Messenger.
>https://www.zdnet.com/article/aclu-wants-court-to-release-documents-on-the-us-attempt-at-backdooring-facebook-messenger/

Facebook admitted years ago they used AI to monitor for [selector] words ... So now the feds want direct access instead. Meh.

The current ringtone on my phone is a voicemail request from special agent Delligan (always Irish) from the Capitol Police requesting I contact him regarding a post I made this April on Facebook.

That was a post regarding flaws I saw in the Congressional baseball game tryouts. Facebook's AI flagged it. I was never notified, and it wasn't removed (facebook doesn't have my phone # Verizon gave that up I suppose.)

My threat analysis was flagged as a threat.  That could have happened on messenger too.

And that's not the end of the FB hiliarity. A couple of months ago I was suspended for posting a Memories post their own AI suggested I rehash. The word "faggot" as it might be used by a couple of queens fighting was ok when I first put that post on site. I recieved an anaemic apology a week later saying it was a 'technical flaw'.

The memories AI wasn't communicating with the badword flagging AI... and they're going to let this shit drive cars!

Rr
Sent from my Androgyne dee-vice with K-9 Mail