I am a criminal

Steven Schear schear.steve at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 08:31:02 PDT 2018

You don't appear to have any experience with amateur rocketry. Although
perchlorate based grains can be tricky, zinc-sulphur propellants can be
used safely. (My friends and I flew 24-inch ZnS rockets to altitudes
approaching 10k feet and Mach 1.8 while in HS.

Titanium and other exotic metals are unnecessary today. Composites can
easily do the trick. As for actuators, with the right designs, amateur
aircraft servos can suffice although I have seen pneumatic ones used also.

I haven't tested nor seen others evaluate the efficacy of smartphone motion
sensors for combat situations but there are discrete COTS components whose
specs fall within the needed ranges.

Warheads are generally scaled up shotgun shells. Flachets, ideally from
tungsten but cast steel will do, are better than metal shot.

As for safety even commercial military arms fail. I certainly wouldn't want
to test even the later protyped. ISIS forces seem to have created some
excellent munitions using rather rudimentary materials but clever
engineering. No reason to think those living in a developed country with
access to common materials and a good garage foundry and machine shop can't
do better.