I am a criminal

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Wed Aug 29 19:22:27 PDT 2018

On 08/29/2018 07:07 PM, Steven Schear wrote:
> Stingers seem to be the deciding element for the Soviets in their
> withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Arguably yes. But they got them from the US. They didn't build them in
caves. Now AK-47 clones, they're very good at :)

> Wasn't it Isaac Asimov that used gene-targeted assassination as the major
> plot element in one of his stories?

I don't remember. I do recall that William S. Burroughs more or less
based his last trilogy on biological weapons: _Cities of the Red Night_,
_The Place of Dead Roads_ and _The Western Lands_.