Next Year's Federal Military budget over $700 billion. Is that a problem?

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 13:06:15 PDT 2018

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 18:03:21 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  On Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 6:17:38 PM PDT, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>  On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 19:06:10 +0000 (UTC)
> jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> >> I have explained, above, that even with the use of imaginative accountants, the "ultra wealthy" currently fund at least a large majority of (for example) America's Federal Government.
>
>  >   That is incorrect. The money that big  and hugely corrupt businesses pay in taxes come from consumers, not the 'rich' themselves. The rich don't pay taxes, the poor do.
> A given dollar (not necessarily a physical, paper "Dollar") actually goes through many people.  Arguing over who paid a given "tax" is somewhat useless.  Who actually paid the most recent tax?  That's who paid the tax.  The consequences of paying that tax are arguable, which of course you want to do.

	If you sell somethign for $1 and the govt puts a 10% tax on you, and then you raise the price to $1.10, the consumer pays the tax, not you.

	Overall, the selling price of goods include ALL costs, so it includes the taxes paid by the producers which are  not really paid by them, but transferred to consumers.

	The counterpoint is that sellers may not be able to raise prices, but that  would  happen in an ideal free market, not in the highly corporatist world-wide economic system we have today.

>Who actually paid the most recent tax?  That's who paid the tax.

	Not true, as illustrated above. And the point is, if the rich are not really paying taxes to any meaningful degree, there's no 'incentive' for them to attack the government.

> >>  Do you think THEY believe that those taxes are being spent wisely?  No, they're not stupid, are they?  They know that money is being wasted.
>
>  >   Indeed they are not stupid. They know that they owe 'their' wealth to the govt, so the last thing they want to do is  go against their vital partner in crime.
>
> Some may indeed believe that.  But many others might not.  In addition, many of them might see an AP system coming, and want to correct things in hopes of being treated more kindly.

	rich people are half the ruling class, at least conceptually since the system works by close cooperation between government and businesses, to control and loot their subjects.

	also, it should be pretty much self-evident that the rich do not think the way you'd like them to think, since there's virtually no opposition to the current fascist system, except for what a few random individuals may say.

	If your beloved rich 'free market' 'entrepreneurs' were actually what you want them to be, then you'd see them devoting substantial resources to promote freedom. But what happens in the real is of course THE EXACT OPPOSITE.

> >    All that said (again), if AP has a chance then the funding will have to come from honest people, not from the ultra rich, ultra corrupt and ultra criminal oligarchy that rules the planet.
>
> To the contrary, I think the funding can come from anybody who has a motivation to do so.

	Right. And the rich have NO MOTIVATION AT ALL. Again, the rich are rich because they are corrupt to the core and the number one supporters of the state, since the half of the state IS THEM, and they couldn't be rich WITHOUT THE STATE.