Next Year's Federal Military budget over $700 billion. Is that a problem?

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Wed Aug 15 11:46:00 PDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 01:58:26PM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> > Does an AP market dominated by a bunch of the fucking
> > ultra wealthy, whose interests I promise you do not align with yours, whatever sociopathic method they used to
> > accrue their capital, even count as a functional AP market?
>
> It's arguable whether anyone's interests align with anyone else,
> however freedom from being murdered (and, and as part of, the
> larger NAP principle) might be a starting baseline universal truth.
>

> As to the wealthy 1% vs the poor 99% in an AP market...
>
> When decentral anonymous crypto AP markets are proven bulletproof
> (by reviews, by prior successful predictions, and by unconfirmed
> predictions to take them down [1], etc) then a few things will
> probably be true...
>
> a) Those wealthy will be too busy bidding to murder each other
> like mob bosses, thus thinning their herd and allowing higher
> mass funded prices on their remaining heads.

Yes, I agree with this, at least the first part. I'm not sure that there
will be any real thinning of the herd at the top - it sounds like
a way for the super-rich to simply cull anybody they see as an
economic threat. AP as death-squad enforcement for cartels of the
super-rich.

Does that sound like a good outcome?  :P

> b) The masses, again being anonymous and widespread, are
> therefore simply not targetable... there's no proof of their action
> thus no rationale to put out in a question for c) below. And the
> prediction cost to get them all, over and above the already IRL
> cost of enslaving them all, is double... better off just marching
> your revolutionary guards down the street and murder them all at $0.25 a bullet.
> Doing that also lowers their profit and revenue from slavery. Nor
> are there enough crazies or fortune seekers out there to make
> a dent before IRL people stop them. So there's no point.
>
> c) No peasant is going to murder another peasant without both
> - a good price, impossible as above.
> - a good reason, none exist... and in this scenario they are all
> brothers allies and comrades in class warfare.
>
> So piss them off as in b) or c) and...
>
> d) ... in goes whatever's left after taxes and TV, which could be
> a lot once they figure out that an AP market is much more
> cathartic gory and participatory fun than the fake gladiators
> they see on TV.

If someone could spin AP into a "reality show" style format, cameras
turned on in the last minutes of the assassination, with video of
the hit uploaded into the system (anonymously of course),  then
maybe people would take an interest :)

Of course, I doubt that's workable. Who knows what methods will be used
for the killings, and whether they would be any fun to watch. Maybe add
an excitement multiplier into the death payoff or something :P

--
GPG fingerprint: 17FD 615A D20D AFE8 B3E4  C9D2 E324 20BE D47A 78C7