the tor scam - Re: AP deconstructed: Why it has not happened yet, and will not

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 10:49:21 PDT 2018

 On Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 8:47:46 PM PDT, Kurt Buff <kurt.buff at gmail.com> wrote:

 >And, USPS might (or might not) destroy the data, but they don't
mention whether or not they pass it all on the some TLA or other as
well as passing on to LEO's on-demand. Wouldn't put it past them...

>Kurt

I thought about this in late 2013, I think when they busted the original Silk Road.  I wondered, what precautions a seller on such a black-net market would want to take.  They have a big advantage, they can toss their mailings into just about any mailbox, and use different phony return-addresses (actually genuine addresses, but randomly-selected) with each mailing.  But, I concluded they'd want to make their mailings have dozens of different looks, to ensure that even a recorded scan of all mailings could not easily be used to notice similarities.   Different colors, different shapes, different fonts.
              Jim Bell