the tor scam - Re: AP deconstructed: Why it has not happened yet, and will not

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Mon Aug 6 14:21:12 PDT 2018

On 08/06/2018 02:03 PM, juan wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Aug 2018 13:36:18 -0700
> Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
>

>> I bet that you use nothing. I mean, damn, you're using a Gmail account.
>
> 	yes, and I use it to order drugs via tor - after all many 'hidden' services admins use their gmail accounts. That's how they get caught.

Very funny :)

But OK, let's say that Tor is Americunt honeypot. I mean, I have my
doubts. But actually, the main reason why I don't order drugs from
.onion marketplaces is not wanting to disclose my postal address. That's
what earned DPR his first visit from the feds, after all. Fake IDs.

Anyway, Tor is out of consideration. What would you have people use for
any sort of anonymity? JonDonym? I2P? Cruising public WiFi hotspots?

What?

Or is it nothing? And if nothing, how useful is that?

Or maybe you have some really cool thing, but you won't share it?