Re: This new Ethereum-based “assassination market” platform could cause Napster-size legal headaches MIT Technology Review Article

Steven Schear schear.steve at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 16:14:10 PDT 2018

"Augur’s creators claim they don’t have control over what its users choose
to do with the protocol—or the ability to shut it down. This creates a
problem that is “endemic” to blockchain technology, says Wright, who
recently co-wrote a book on the subject: “If you do not have a very
concrete intermediary—i.e., a company or group of people that are running
the marketplace—how do you apply laws and prevent that activity from
occurring?”

This is, as they say in marketing, not a problem but a feature.