Next Year's Federal Military budget over $700 billion. Is that a problem?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 12:20:27 PDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 2:04 PM, jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>BTW, the US is well beyond bankrupt, search deficit and debt.
>>That entire $700B, and more, could be seen as being funded
>>by fake money.
>

> That's a position which could be taken by people who think that the national
> debt will never be paid off.  (Or, perhaps, SHOULD never be paid off!!)
> The problem is that debt is often owed to "ourselves".  And, perhaps it
> could be paid off by selling all Federal lands in America.

The White House (Executive), US Capitol Building (Legislative),
Temple of Justice (Judicial), and all those Monuments to Government
in DC would indeed fetch a fine price at foreclosure auction.

> We should all ask, too, is it a "legitimate" debt?  That National debt may
> have been wasted, but the people loaning it to the Federal government did
> not, merely by that loaning, make it illegitimate.

Bankruptcy assets get distributed to shareholders.

There's enough public land in US for each of its citizens to
get an acre, enough building space to get an office, enough
terabytes to get a computer, etc.

Advertising that fact would bring about a mass debt call and
foreclosure filing much sooner ;)

There's also the concept of mutual debt cancellation, however as
that resolves its way through the global system, it will likely be
disruptive, and some creditors will still get stuck with empty
bags in the end, leading to further debt recovery actions.
Who will the bagholders be? And who will be indebted to them?
You can find and post links to those research data.

> I should also point out that I believe that one big reason that the "ultra
> wealthy" are ultra wealthy, is BECAUSE OF a big government, not IN SPITE OF
> a big government.

Laws favor the writer, the money, the lobbies.
None of which the masses really partake in.
Whereas business / wealthy can spot focus to keen effect.

> The American federal government spends about 30x more money, per person,
> corrected for inflation, than it did in about 1925.  Maybe THAT is where the
> wealth currently owned by the "ultra wealthy" actually came from?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_in_the_United_States

Taxed and redistributed from... to crony biz, to taxor's selves and to
its institution...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_land

US land, State's land, County's land, City's land, all buildings,
all vehicles, all inventory, assets, etc...

Kings die when the stolen booty in their coffers becomes
obvious and extravagant.

(If you do end up with a piece of nature parkland, please don't
be asshole planet thus human suiciders and fucking it up by
introducing non nature upon it, or stealing from it.)