God Mode Backdoors, AP Crowdfund vs Wikileaks Models

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 23:54:33 PDT 2018

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 10:52 AM, Henry Baker <hbaker1 at pipeline.com> wrote:
> Why do we even bother encrypting, when our chips are so corrupt?

> This article strengthens my belief that *all* of our current chips
> have hidden backdoors thanks to Uncle Sam.  No wonder China wants
> to design & build their own chips!

Anyone who thinks Intel CPU's don't have backdoors... is fucking stupid.
AMD... same, yet perhaps a slightly lesser form of corporate insidiousness.
Same for all cell phone CPUs and baseband processors.
Even "open" ARM and "closed" Apple cores are fully questionable.
Cisco products... fuck all backdoored.
Same for every Cable / DSL / Fiber / WiFi Modem / Router / Point.
IBM Power9... yep, gonna be some secrets in there too.

Anything with any sort of CPU running any sort of OS... backdoored.
Doesn't matter where or who it comes from or who it's made for...
China... backdoored.
Boeing... backdoored.

Only interesting thing is who has the keys.

As said before, you must demand and create...

#OpenFabs , #OpenHW , #OpenSW , #OpenDev , #OpenBiz

You have zero trust until those happen. ZERO.

That 20 key dimestore calculator on your desk isn't backdoored.
If you're lucky.

Publishing the backdoors in Intel's products, and
all the others... makes a fine AP crowdfund target.
Because the Wikileaks model so far either didn't get
or hasn't published the scoop.