Peterson re Channel 4: "Look the fuck out!" - [zen at freedbms.net: OMG - hilarious - Jordan Peterson out of context]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Aug 14 17:27:00 PDT 2018

On Sat, Aug 04, 2018 at 09:57:01PM -0300, Juan wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 10:03:56 +1000
> Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm confident it would be very useful for Peterson to listen to you
> > for an hour or three, face to face.
>
> 	I highly doubt it would be useful for him.
>
> 	What might be somewhat more useful is for you to ask him about the countless times he shows his true fascist colors. for instance...from the video you linked
>
> 	1:32:20
> 	"western hierarchies are based in large part on competence"
> 	(sickening lie of course)

based ~= premised

competence is the premise, notwithstanding the widespread, endemic,
systemic and apparently completely overwhelming corruption we see
with the MIC, International Banking (nation enslavement) etc.

And yes, you can make the case that the American system is premised
on fascism and slavery. That's a case that would be good for someone
to make in a compelling way which resonates with people generally -
someone sufficiently capable of doing so could well become the next
"modern intellectual" superstar, do the interview circuit and go face
to face with Peterson.

Until and unless something even begins approaching that happens, it
seems Peterson's position will prevail.

> 	1:37:20
> 	"[hierarchies] are unjust but they are also USEFUL" (...)
>
> 	and notice how the very moment he makes the mistake of saying
> 	that fascism is 'useful' the piece of shit embarks in a 'story'
> 	equivocating the word 'hierarchy'.

I can accept that there may be some utility to conflating 'hierarchy'
with 'fascism'.

However, to do so generally is at the very least a superficial
generalisation.

Hone your argument/ get more specific, otherwise what the (literally
now millions) of Peterson indoctrinated folks are simply going to
hear in those words of yours the claim that "lobster hiearchies are
fascist dictatorships" which is EXACTLY the "leftist marxist" crap
that Peterson is countering.

So, without a nuanced response to Peterson's nuanced (and "science"
backed, FWIW) position, I suspect your position that Peterson is
somehow "equivocating on the word 'hierarchy'" won't get so very
far... just a hunch.

> 	Now, I'm sure your understanding of libertarian philosophy is a
> 	lot better than peterson's. Also your english is a lot better
> 	than mine. And you think there's something valuably in peterson(I

It seems that Peterson has not put his mind to libertarian
philosophy, and this is unfortunate - but until he does, I am making
the assumption that he has yet to actually put his mind to
libertarian philosophy and I am hopeful that he will do so, and soon.
Anyone with his ear should encourage him in exactly this way, perhaps
encouraging him to read some easy to read books on the topic
(Bakunin?).

> 	of course don't) - So....YOU should try talking to him, and see
> 	what you get.

I did email him that 'tube (which has been censored, so I uploaded it
as a private vid - holler if anyone wants the link), showing the
varied newspaper articles and reports from 1917 (around) onwards, all
the way up to the mid to late 1930s, from the New York Times and
others, bemoaning the "6 million Jewish souls" who had "perished" in
Europe - this is all PRIOR to World War II or course, thus putting
the firetrucking lie "muh holocaust" bullshit - thus the holohoax.

This was about half a year ago.

But I've had no response.

I don't "have his ear" unfortunately. Perhaps someone else does...

(In time, I intend to try again to communicate with JP on other
topics.)