Assange vs Barrett Brown

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Tue Aug 14 07:19:36 PDT 2018

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 09:33:08AM -0700, Razer wrote:

> -------- Original message --------From: Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> Date: 8/13/18  7:29 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: cypherpunks at lists.cpunks.org Subject: Re: Assange vs Barrett Brown
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 10:14:35AM -0400, John Newman wrote:
> > https://www.thedailybeast.com/julian-assange-went-after-a-former-ally-it-backfired-epically
>
> > On cue. What say you about this, John Newman?
>
> Barrett Brown is a big-headed egotistical schmuck who alienates people. Julian Assange has an ego, but he knows how to check it, work with others, and get things done. Assange has allies. Brown had cohorts(acquaintances) and cronies. He's declined dramatically since ProjectPM. His writings on Pursuance read like a public bathroom screed <https://auntieimperial.tumblr.com/post/83214869988>.
> Rr

Yeah, I don't know much about Barrett, except some of his writings are
fairly amusing. And, unlike Julian, he did like ~4years in an actual
federal prison.. Maybe it's just me, but I'd much rather sit in an embassy
in London with visitors and real food and real internet (etc) than sit
in a Federal prison in the US. This is not to take away from Julians
plight, which is dire, and bogus, and fucked up...

I also do tend to think that some of the shit Julian was sending to Trump Jr
over twitter - asking to be made the ambassador to Australia, telling
him to be prepared to dispute the outcome of the election, basically all
sorts of shit that falls completely outside the idea of "transparency",
which so thickly permeates the wikileaks mission statement. Again - not
to take away from all the great shit they've done... its just a bit
ugly.

--
GPG fingerprint: 17FD 615A D20D AFE8 B3E4  C9D2 E324 20BE D47A 78C7