“Free speech is not just another value. It's the foundation of Western civilization.” - Dr Peterson

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Aug 10 16:42:13 PDT 2018

Microsoft now piling onto the anti-semitic speech wagon:

Apparently Gab is centralised and currently runs on Microfascist's
cloud service or something... evidently a decentralised service is
needed. Golden opportunity for the inspired...

(BTW, ridiculously humorous Heather Heyer memes and comments elided
 to ensure this email does not get censored...)

Microsoft Threatens to Shut Down GAB Unless They
Censor Anti-Jew Posts
Adrian Sol
Daily Stormer
August 10, 2018
https://dailystormer.name/microsoft-threatens-to-shut-down-gab-unless-they-censor-anti-jew-posts/

 …
 > Microsoft pointed to two posts from Gab user Patrick Little, one
 > that calls for the “complete eradication of all Jews” and the
 > other which calls for their death by torture: “After an initial
 > review, we have concluded that this content incites violence, is
 > not protected by the First Amendment, and violates Microsoft
 > Azure’s acceptable use policy,” a Microsoft spokesperson told
 > Motherboard. “Microsoft notified Gab.ai of this substantial
 > concern and advised that it remove this content or respond to
 > Microsoft within 48 hours, or potentially risk suspension of its
 > service on Azure.”

 That, of course, is bullshit.

 The First Amendment absolutely protects calls for violence, as
 long as no “specific and credible threat” is involved. Simply
 calling for the destruction of a race, even by torture, is
 protected speech.

 Nevertheless, the two tweets (“gabs”) in question have already been
 removed by GAB.
 …