the tor scam - Re: AP deconstructed: Why it has not happened yet, and will not

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Aug 9 00:20:04 PDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 08:44:53PM -0700, Mirimir wrote:
> On 08/08/2018 11:21 AM, juan wrote:
> > On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 20:42:37 -0700
> > Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> >> But even so, people who want anonymity, some of them
> >> doing illegal stuff, _will_ end up using Tor. So why not help them use
> >> it more safely?
> >
> > 	Oh, but I do. Whenver I have the chance, I tell darm markets
> > 	operators to not post their contact information on facebook.
>
> Is that the best you can do?

Frankly, educating folks to not put their personal contact details on
Facebook is quite a useful thing - there are some pretty uneducated
folks out there.

Also, letting pepes know that Tor is essentially the NSA/CIA network
is also, presumably, useful education material to those who are
otherwise swamp-indoctrinated.