Just how complete is censorship in the western cesspool?

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Tue Apr 10 22:24:01 PDT 2018

On 04/11/2018 12:32 AM, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:
> On 04/10/2018 08:19 PM, we on the cypherpunks mailing list were treated
> to the following #$%&:
>>

>> 	So here's a kinda fun, kinda interesting excercise :
>>
>> 	See how much information you can get about "gps jamming"
>>
>>         perhaps grarpamp can post some to links to tor 'hidden
>>         services' ha ha ha.
> Well, the first two DuckDuckGo results (searching on 'gps jamming'
> without quotes) were pretty promising:
>
> https://www.gps.gov/spectrum/jamming/
>
> explains that it's illegal to jam GPS at least in the US (which most of
> us probably knew already), and:
>
> https://www.thesignaljammer.com/pages/How-GPS-Jammers-Work.html
>
> has the frequencies in it and a bit of helpful information.
>
> Further down are many links where one can buy a jammer, despite their
> legal status, and there's even a link to a YouTube video demoing a jammer.
>
> The information is certainly out there. The frequencies and signals GPS
> uses are public knowledge. It's then a question of the technical skills
> required to build a jammer, and from there, a question of how to avoid
> getting busted by the FCC for using it.

The not getting busted party should be easy, as long as the receivers
you're looking to jam "belong" to the jammer's owner - the typical
application.  Just dial up the power until the gadgets in question stop
working and leave it right there.  Maybe check with the neighbors to
make sure their gadgets still work, to avoid annoying people and raising
questions.

:o)