Just how complete is censorship in the western cesspool?

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Tue Apr 10 21:32:50 PDT 2018

On 04/10/2018 08:19 PM, we on the cypherpunks mailing list were treated
to the following #$%&:

> 	So here's a kinda fun, kinda interesting excercise :
>
> 	See how much information you can get about "gps jamming"
>
>         perhaps grarpamp can post some to links to tor 'hidden
>         services' ha ha ha.
Well, the first two DuckDuckGo results (searching on 'gps jamming'
without quotes) were pretty promising:

https://www.gps.gov/spectrum/jamming/

explains that it's illegal to jam GPS at least in the US (which most of
us probably knew already), and:

https://www.thesignaljammer.com/pages/How-GPS-Jammers-Work.html

has the frequencies in it and a bit of helpful information.

Further down are many links where one can buy a jammer, despite their
legal status, and there's even a link to a YouTube video demoing a jammer.

The information is certainly out there. The frequencies and signals GPS
uses are public knowledge. It's then a question of the technical skills
required to build a jammer, and from there, a question of how to avoid
getting busted by the FCC for using it.

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com