Raptor Engineering (TALOS II) Warrant Canary has expired

grant at iowntheinter.net grant at iowntheinter.net
Sat Apr 21 14:05:50 PDT 2018

That was the first thing I tried.
I noticed in the morning, called and the usual sales lady answered, and
I asked to speak to someone directly at Raptor Engineering, she said she
would take my number. I waited approx 12 hours, no call back, so I saved
the page to WayBackMachine.

The next morning I called again, this time no one answered. I then sent
them an email (had already been in correspondence), saying that I
still wanted to buy a computer, but I had concerns about the viability
of their company.  (Hey, most other computers are already backdoored
from jump, even if they got an NSL, it wouldn't make the workstation any
"worse" then the competition, and its also a lot cooler/more modifiable,
and could even be a fun game of wheres-waldo)

I explained that I wanted to pay through a medium that would be "safe"
for me in case they just went AWOL. After all, there main sales "pitch"
is no backdoors, and that's pretty much dead if there warrant canary
openly expires (OK maybe that is an extreme interpretation, but if your
not going to be vigilant, why post a "warrant canary" to begin with?).

4 hours later still no response, no call. So I posted here, and at
reddit.

Today, they have a new "canary" attestation posted, but I still have not
received a call or an email response.

I would love to hear a good explanation, Id even still love to buy a
computer, as long as there is no chance of them disappearing before I
get it and it works on par with other computers.