What Makes AI Dangerous?

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 19:03:19 PDT 2018

On Mon, 09 Apr 2018 23:36:28 +0000
Steven Schear <schear.steve at gmail.com> wrote:

> https://mises.org/power-market/what-makes-ai-dangerous-state

 I suppose you are linking that as an examploe of retarded, corrupt,
 shameless defense of corporatism by poster children for fake
 libertarianism like the moses institute.

 " we're led to believe that it is problematic that Google tracks our
 web searches and Facebook knows our friends and beliefs ("because
 autonomous weapons"?). While I agree that it is ugly"

  ugly?

 "they operate under the harshest regulation there is: the market."

  What. Market.

 "if the State would "regulate" how Google and FB use AI to sift
 through the data and feed people what they want to hear, what makes
 anyone think this applies also to the DOD or NSA and their data, which
 are *not* collected from consumers voluntarily "

  voluntarily?

  and has the  genius who wrote that piece of corporatist garbage
  missed the point that  google and facebook ARE the NSA and DoD?

  Oh wait, that's exactly what being a fake libertarian is all about
  isn't it? Shamelessly defend corporations, that is, an arm of the
  state, while ranting about how bad the state is.

ps: image recognition is not 'intelligence'.