Help me test BTC, LTC, ETH addresses

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 13:25:45 PDT 2017

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 19:42:11 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> My
> immediate concern is that I am not sufficiently confident in my
> ability to reliably maintain such a wallet on a small, ordinary
> personal computer, 24 hours per day, etc..  Obviously a crash could
> be a disaster.

	You could also use a light client like electrum.  Such clients
	don't need to be online all the time. You only connect to a
	server if you want to make a payment. And you can backup all
	your keys by writing down a bunch of words on paper (The only
	risk would be your computer being stolen and the thief spending
	your coins before you can move them to a new 'wallet')

	(on the other hand if you also want to use ethereum I don't
	know how their clients operate)

> I have decided that at least for a few months,
> placing this on Coinbase is a reasonable compromise.  I am not aware
> of of an impending liquidity problem with Coinbase.  There are other
> considerations.

	I don't know about coinbase's liquidity, but it is a fact that
	they close accounts whenever they feel like it. But maybe they
	won't close yours since spying on you is valuable to them.

	Anyway, best of luck!

Jim Bell