Help me test BTC, LTC, ETH addresses

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 12:42:11 PDT 2017

 I am trying to do something very quickly. (Over the next few months, I expect things to change greatly.)    I understand your concerns.  I believe that the presence of a "former Federal prosecutor" within Coinbase will be approximately the least of my worries.  I fully expect that everything I do will come under the highest level of observation.
And yes, I understand the issue about holding one's private keys.  (at least, from a beginner's standpoint.)  I have read up on the subject of Mt. Gox, etc.
Soon enough, I will have my own BTC  wallet.  (Actually, I already do, but I don't trust this.)  My immediate concern is that I am not sufficiently confident in my ability to reliably maintain such a wallet on a small, ordinary personal computer, 24 hours per day, etc..  Obviously a crash could be a disaster.  I have decided that at least for a few months, placing this on Coinbase is a reasonable compromise.  I am not aware of of an impending liquidity problem with Coinbase.  There are other considerations.
                   Jim Bell

On Thursday, September 28, 2017, 12:27:47 PM PDT, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:

 On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 07:19:26 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to test three digital cash addresses, BTC, LTC, and ETH.
>  They are set up in the Coinbase system,

    Jim, I strongly suggest you close your coinbase account ASAP.

    https://blog.coinbase.com/kathryn-haun-joins-coinbase-board-of-directors-65b4d4c4e65f

    "We are excited to announce former federal prosecutor Kathryn
    Haun has joined our parent company Board of Directors."

    "federal prosecutor with the U.S. Department of Justice and its
    first-ever Digital Currency coordinator."

    "She also held a significant role in the case of two federal
    agents’ role in the investigation into Silk Road."

    https://cointelegraph.com/news/coinbase-is-tracking-how-users-spend-their-bitcoins

    Jim, coinbase is THE ENEMY.

> but I have found that system
> to be very confusing:

    Also, you are NOT using bitcoin if you use any middleman. You
    must use a bitcoin client and you must have control of the
    private keys. If you use coinbase or any service like that THEY
    OWN your bitcoins, not you.