Master Plan for Saving the World

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Sep 27 18:19:10 PDT 2017

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 08:52:32PM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> http://my.pages.de/superhero
> http://secushare.org/broken-internet
> http://youbroketheinternet.org/
> http://www.donellameadows.org/archives/a-synopsis-limits-to-growth-the-30-year-update/
> http://harperwall.com/2014/03/21/nasa-funded-study-on-patterns-of-civilization-collapse/
> http://my.pages.de/unconditional
> http://my.pages.de/cargo
> http://my.pages.de/convivenza
> http://my.pages.de/activerts
>
> Master Plan for Saving the World --lynX
> Fix the foundations of democracy by establishing an Internet that
> actually works.
> Use democracy to establish a rule of reason and scientific evidence
> based on tools like liquid democracy, and thus cut out corruption and
> special interest rule.

How does "liquid democracy" stop plebles from "democratically voting"
to steal money from others and have it "transferred" to themselves?

I.e., does "liquid democracy" get rid of politicians?

> Looks like a redistribution of wealth is inevitable to stop the
> unsustainable growth of humanity.

That doesn't quite compute for me sorry.

> A worldwide introduction of a cumulative unconditional basic income
> could turn out to be a suitable method.

That will never solve the "redistribution of wealth" "problem",
although it may bring sanity to the star-trek duplicator "abundance"
reality we may be about to suffer in the coming century.

> Fix capitalism by putting all the ignored "externalities" into the
> equation of the free market model, like the absurd environmental
> damage caused by shipping goods across the globe because heavy fuel
> oil is so cheap. A worldwide ban on heavy fuel oil would abruptly stop
> the absurdity of globalization.

There are many mechanisms which, if removed from "the marketplace"
could allow a bit of sanity to 'return' - why do you pick on banning
the production of plant food so essential to all life on our Earth?

> That's it. World is saved. Now think carefully next time you have a
> chance to vote for a political party or movement. Don't waste your

:)

> vote on folks that do not understand the basics of the problem and
> still indoctrinate you to believe in a return of economic growth and
> jobs for everyone. Growth is not the solution. It's the problem. The

Japan is seeing a change where due to population reduction due mainly
to aging, excess properties are giving rise to what in the USA would
be called the "condominium" market - i.e., the second home/ vacation
home market, where those who can afford it are encouraged to "invest"
in a 'lifestyle'.

> world dependency on growth and jobs is like a drug addiction. Get
> clean. Get sustainable. Give humanity a sense of security and
> participation.

Can lead a horse to water, can't make the kang drink.

> Words won't do. We need action as described above.

We need humans engaged in their own lives, and their own abused
systems of control over themselves.

> And what about terrorism? Nothing. It's a symptom of broken
> capitalism. It will go away by itself if we fix the original causes.

Quite possibly to some real degree.

> And besides, truck drivers falling asleep because of bad working
> conditions are a bigger problem than all of terrorism combined.

Hey! That's a fact that's LESS equal than others - watch you
language, goy! The PC police will come a huntin' for ya already...