Barrett Brown Pursuance Project AMA and AltGov Manifesto

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Thu Sep 14 20:21:29 PDT 2017

On 09/14/2017 08:09 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/gyynwm/barrett-brown-what-is-to-be-done
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOoPyovqk2Q
> https://pursuanceproject.org/
>
> It is time to consider alternate systems of governance.
> Impactful, agile, secure civic collaboration
>
> The Barrett Brown Review of Arts & Letters & Civil Strife is written
> monthly by Barrett Brown, winner of the 2016 National Magazine Award
> for columns and commentary.
>
> Selections...
>
> The pursuance system is the world's first comprehensive framework for
> process democracy. That is, it allows individuals with no prior
> relationship to self-organize into robust, agile entities governed via
> a "proceduralism of agreement." These entities, called pursuances, in
> turn engage and collaborate among themselves to whatever extent they
> choose, leading ultimately to a vast and formidable ecosystem of
> opposition to institutionalized injustice.
>
> Over 40 years ago, a vastly criminalized presidential administration
> was brought down through a combination of leaks, reporting, and
> Congressional action.
>
> Twenty-five years later, two former Nixon administration officials,
> Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney, managed to take firm control of yet
> another presidential administration. This one, too, was marked by
> revelations of unconstitutional and criminal acts, including torture,
> mass surveillance, the unprecedented negligence of emergency
> preparedness functions, the politically motivated firings of U.S.
> attorneys, and the most disastrous military engagements since Vietnam.
>
> Ten years later, many now regard the Bush Administration with actual nostalgia.
>
> It has become more and more difficult, as the years proceed, to
> maintain the fiction that the American republic is fundamentally
> sound. An associated myth—that the great majority of the American
> electorate are decent people who are entirely capable of overseeing
> the single most powerful apparatus in history—has also become less
> viable. The "establishment," as we may as well join in terming it, has
> likewise lost credibility, for reasons ranging from nonsensical to
> inarguable. The end result is a crisis of moral authority, and even of
> amoral authority; this is a society that cannot even produce a proper
> strongman. But it can certainly produce a disaster, for ourselves and
> for the world.
>
> Recall that the baseline of 21st century America involves a sort of
> constitutional police state with unprecedented incarceration rates,
> increasingly militarized law enforcement, an unaccountable
> intelligence community with a long history of unconstitutional
> behavior, and a judicial and legislative culture that, all told, has
> officially rendered tens of millions of Americans criminals
>
> Rumsfeld understood the real lesson of Watergate: the risks of
> violating our Constitution are vastly eclipsed by the rewards.

> [...]

Barrett needs to make a choice between publicizing himself and
publicizing the Pursuance Project, which atm seems to be a rather
elitist concept. Sort of like himself, with an ego as big as a solar
system. Druggies are like that, and even when the substance goes away,
the behavioral traits often remain. I suspect he will alienate some of
his best human resources for the project.

Rr