NY Times Op-Ed Blasts Cloudflare for Daily Stormer Terror

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 11:30:38 PDT 2017

 On Wednesday, September 13, 2017, 10:50:40 AM PDT, Marina Brown <catskillmarina at gmail.com> wrote:

 On 09/13/2017 07:04 AM, John Young wrote:

> The Terrifying Power of Internet Censors
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/opinion/cloudflare-daily-stormer-charlottesville.html
>

> Terrifying!
>

>I have a feeling that Internet Registrars and Cloudflare are doing this
for their own legal protection.

I have a feeling that you are inventing reasoning that would be, in itself, illogical and quite stilted.  Sure, deluded people exist, but organizations who are in control of such things have a responsibility to not abuse their authority.

>It's long established law that conspiracy to commit genocide, ethnic
cleansing and to violate the human rights of groups of people is a
crime. Creating the theoretical framework for genocide is also a crime
as was evidenced by the conviction of Julius Streicher who authored
Daily Stormer's predescessor Der Sturmer.

>It's Cloudflare and Registrars protecting themselves from being
complicit in human rights crimes.

>And you know what. I don't blame them. I wouldn't piss on Andrew Anglinif he was on fire.

Sorry, but you are not even hundreds of miles away from being correct on this.  To label DNS service, which is essentially monopoly, as supporting "genocide" is about 3-4 leaps of logic, far too much to work.  A few nuts spouting nonsense is far, very far, from "conspiracy to commit genocide".  Merely providing necessary net services to them, just as is done for thousands of sites, cannot possibly be described that way.   Maybe you just have no respect for the concept of "Free Speech".
             Jim Bell