Cypherpunk Inadequacies / Why the 60's failed

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Tue Sep 5 19:19:13 PDT 2017

On 09/05/2017 06:56 PM, Marina Brown wrote:
> On 09/05/2017 09:14 PM, Mirimir wrote:

>>> Simple rule:  Cop only from people you know, and don't eat anything they
>>> have not already.
>> That is of course prudent advice :)
>>
>> However, it is possible to test unknowns safely enough. You start with
>> an extremely low dose. Perhaps 1% of the purported normal dose. And then
>> retest at higher dosages. A reasonable set of dosages might be 1%, 2%,
>> 5%, 10%, 20%, 50% and 100%. Or more, if you like.
>>
>> See PiHKAL and TiHKAL :) He started with untested compounds.
>>
>> Albert Hofmann did get gobsmacked, I admit. But it didn't kill him. I
>> once inadvertently took a few milligrams of LSD. It was indeed intense,
>> but no more than some DMT experiences. Did last a lot longer, though.
>>
> Milligrams ? Are you sure you don't mean micrograms - a dose of LSD is
> ussually 10 micrograms.

I forget what Hoffman's dose was estimated as being, but he was a
tripper once a year till the day he died
<https://www.bikecitizens.net/bikes-and-lsd-what-really-happened-on-bicycle-day/>.
10 micrograms wouldn't do a whole lot, unless you eat a lot of paper or
gels or whatever. The typical dose was SUPPOSED TO BE 250 - 350 mics...
Sandoz standard dosage was 350mics

> If you did take milligrams it would litterally
> have been a few hundred hits of acid. The most i have heard about people
> taking is 10 hits.

I knew a guy who ate a whole sheet of Blue Dot blotter in 1971. One of
the last remaining OG STP family (pre-roadie alcoholic street gang)
people showed it to him and he just crumpled it up and... . His name
was/is George, a straight, slightly effeminate puerto rican kid who had
been working a a grocery delivery boy... He showed up one morning at me
and my GF's safe house sponsored by Jewish Family Services (until the
certified folks could contact the kid's parents or investigate abuse
claims as reason not to contact). George ended up with a new persona.
Sgt Pepper! He literally affected a brit accent (Ringo). Wore a brass
button blazer. Talked in Be-At-Els type rhyme. I lost track of him when
I moved to Vt in '73, but ran into him again at Earth People's Park
Shattuck Ave house when I first got to California in 1976. He was 'back
to earth'; the George I met when he first showed up at my E4th and B
Lower East Side slum apartment, but 5 years older (20 or so).

>>> "Stoned on some new potion he found upon the wall of some unholy
>>> bathroom in some ungodly hall" all too accurately describes people who
>>> buy WTF-ever from darknet vendors.  Same shit, different decade.
>>>
>>> :o/

Same shit. Different decade. For every innerspace cosmonaut there's
thousands of Hedonists who just want to get high and no 'learning
experience' is expected or wanted.

Rr