Cypherpunk Inadequacies / Why the 60's failed

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Mon Sep 4 13:06:43 PDT 2017

On 09/04/2017 11:00 AM, Razer wrote:

> On 09/03/2017 04:34 PM, jim bell wrote:
>>
>> BZ (Quinuclidinyl Benzilate) is far easier to make than LSD, a dose
>> typically 2 milligram compared to LSD's 200 microgram.   I've read
>> that the 'trip' lasts 3 days.
>

> ... says someone who never took STP. A 3 day peak and a total burn out.
> BZ was intended to be an INCAPACITATING AGENT, not a psychotropic.
> Everyone knew that by 1968 and very few people actually ever used it.
>
> Rr

Surveys of the literature have found no descriptions of "bad trips"
resulting from administration of LSD in a clinical setting, which
included subjects with diagnosed mental illnesses, and studies using
very large doses.  The classic "bad trip" first appeared in the wild
right on time to support the Federally sponsored full-saturation
domestic propaganda campaign against LSD.

Did the CIA murder Art Linkletter's daughter?  Maybe not her in
particular, on purpose.  But whoever made the alleged "LSD" she took
before diving out of a high window did. and her suicide was a huge
stroke of luck for the folks tasked to sell the public on a completely
false version of what LSD is and does.

> Ps. I have problems with MDMA as an 'analogue' to LSD. MDMA is
> methamphetamine based and although it exhibits certain
> psychedeic-experience-like properties, it's still Meth, and the long
> term effect of it's use, if not as dramatic (usually), IS similar.

When hearings were held to determine what schedule to put MDMA on,
clinical researchers who testified described it was uniquely useful;
they found it got stubbornly uncommunicative patients talking, and
enabled therapists to build useful rapport with them very quickly.
Their verdict was unanimous:  This is Good Shit, we wants it yes we
does.  Then the DEA guise gave their testimony, mostly a recitation of
War On Drugs propaganda talking points originally created for LSD, and
so MDMA was put on Schedule I.

MDMA has been described as an "empathogen," knocking down social anxiety
and replacing it, temporarily, with trust, confidence, and a (transient)
sense of strong social bonding with "just whoever happens to be there."
I speculate that the Feds chose to suppress MDMA both because of
unwanted macro scale social impacts, and because its obvious
intelligence tradecraft applications (elicitation of information, agent
development & recruitment) do not belong in "private" hands.

Today's "ecstasy" a.k.a. X contains no MDMA but typically does contain
amphetamine, heroin, and one or more "designer" drugs to tweak the
experience this way or that.  Mixing that crap with alcohol can knock a
person right down (this I have seen in real life) and respiratory arrest
sometimes follows.

:o/