Help me test BTC, LTC, ETH addresses

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 14:39:15 PDT 2017

    On Thursday, September 28, 2017, 2:19:19 PM PDT, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:

 On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 16:34:32 -0400
John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:

>> I’ve been using electrum on android and Linux for the past 18
>> months or so, and can only second Juan’s recommendation -
>> it’s worked quite well for me. There’s even a “bitcoin atm” near
>> my house where you can deposit cash and specify a wallet
>> address (or scan a qr code) - although I haven’t used the atm
>> since prices got above 1k/btc, so it’s been a little while ;)

>    For completness' sake I guess we should mention that one has to
    be reasonaby sure that the machine running electrum (or other
    client) isn't 'compromised' / has some sort of coin stealing
    malware.
Yes, I recall reading on a blog of this potential problem.  Do ordinary anti-virus programs have the ability to detect such problems before they BECOME real problems?
               Jim Bell

    Also, best practice is to have most of your funds in cold
    storage.

    https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Cold_storage