[RUS] "Inosmi" website, translating Western news Eng→Ru, inoculating Russkies against parochial nationalism and conservative Russian claptrap since many a yearski

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Sep 27 16:12:39 PDT 2017

Yep, you guessed it ... "or something" :D

Anyone who still has pride in "the Western MSM press" is surely
rather shamed at this point in time, since even those paid to "spread
the great Western propaganda machine" to our Russkie patriots have
had to acknowledge that their efforts have had the opposite effect
... the typical non-English/ only-Russian reading Russkie, is
absolutely convinced that "The West" is out to get them.

Yep, "we"'re definitely spreading the Western "message"...

One can quite rationally and seriously say that (from the cynical
Western perspective), the Western MSM is literally doing the
Kremlin's job for them.

And of course, that warm hearted, peace loving movie star,
Morgan Freeman, has only added to Russkie "trust" of the West, just
as the Western MSM has been doing for years.

You could barely script such satyrically improbable humour - except
this is all -actually- happening, in real time, year after year,
before our very eyes!!

<mumbles under his embarrassed breath>Damn I wish I was Russian,
this is so bloody embarrassing it's just, not, funny!<‼>

** Morgan Freeman's Russia-Hating Video Has Gone Viral - But Not the
Way He Hoped
http://russia-insider.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fa2faf7034c3c3c413cb3652f&id=e49007fc5e&e=5110f4b440
by Paul Robinson on Tue, Sep 26, 2017
I once read that the founders of the website Inosmi.ru, which
translates articles from the Western mass media into Russia, had
hoped that by giving Russians access to Western journalism they would
be able to convince them of the rightness of Western ways and of the
values of liberal-democracy more generally, and thus rid them of
their nationalist and anti-democratic urges. Unfortunately, said the
article, Inosmi had had the opposite effect. Once non-English
speaking Russians finally got the opportunity to read the
over-the-top nonsense about Russia that passes for journalism in the
Western press, they became more convinced than ever that the Western
world was out to get them.

Given such "comedy" if one can even call it that, it's just as well
"The West's" "leading corporate lights" continue upholding "Western
values" for the rest of the world to learn from - especially those
"uneducated Russkies":

** Land of the Free? - Amazon Bans Book Critical of Hyper-Russophobe
Bill Browder in US
http://russia-insider.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=fa2faf7034c3c3c413cb3652f&id=8937c2e19a&e=5110f4b440
by Alex Krainer on Tue, Sep 26, 2017
Update: the book is still available on  Amazon.fr (The Killing of
William Browder) It is ironic that  just today I posted an article
about the paramount importance of free speech, which numerous
government bureaucracies and large corporations in the West seek to
suppress in their purported endeavor to police “hate speech.” (I
assure you there’s not even a trace of hate speech in my book).

Tick tock ...

** What Saudi King Salman’s Visit Means for Russia
http://russia-insider.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fa2faf7034c3c3c413cb3652f&id=6ca7bc6e12&e=5110f4b440
by M K Bhadrakumar on Tue, Sep 26, 2017
The forthcoming visit by Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz to
Russia(October 4-7) carries great symbolism. Such poignancy is for
several reasons – not merely because this is the first-ever visit by
a Saudi monarch to Russia. The Soviet Union was the first country in
1926 to establish diplomatic relations with the Kingdom (which was
known at that time as the Kingdom of Hejaz and Nejd) but under heavy
western influence, the Saudi side froze the relationship a decade
later, and it remained so till the dissolution of the Soviet Union in
1991.

Thankfully, looks like we might just not be all about to die:

** US and Russian Generals Met in Unprecedented Face-To-Face Syria
Deconfliction Meeting
http://russia-insider.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=fa2faf7034c3c3c413cb3652f&id=542989d3ea&e=5110f4b440
by Marko Marjanović on Tue, Sep 26, 2017
The US military has disclosed it has held the first ever meeting with
Russian generals directing Russia’s military intervention in Syria
last week. The meeting was held to try and ease the US-Russian
rivalry in eastern Syria which threatens to turn into a military
confrontation. “They had a face-to-face discussion, laid down maps
and graphics,” in the first meeting of its kind, U.S. Army Colonel
Ryan Dillon, a spokesman in Baghdad for the U.S.-led coalition
fighting the IS extremist group, told a Pentagon briefing.