Fuck The Facts: Riders on the Shitstorm - A Music Theater Hybrid

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 22:29:47 PDT 2017

https://www.neukoellneroper.de/en/play/fuck-the-facts/
https://www.neukoellneroper.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/more.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z173J3oV_sE
https://medium.com/@CandySBlack1/fuck-the-facts-torgate-opera-promo-text-annotated-translation-ftf-674ccc88e1bb

Fuck the facts

A MusicTheaterHybrid by Anna Catherin Loll, Georg Friedrich Händel,
Mario Simon, Bijan Azadian, Yuko Matsuyama and Christian Römer

World Premiere 13 September 2017

Riders on the Shitstorm

Welcome to the age of self-empowerment. Just switch on your computer
and twitter, post, troll, and hate away. Boss is base.
Self-entitlement worldwide: that has been the credo of the virtual
space riders of the artichoke cult since day one. Their enemies are
evil dictators and inhuman regimes; their friends are the artichoke
community and supporters. Their motto: make the internet great again.

But what happens if the artichokes start attacking one another? If
their compass is no longer calibrated? To make a pile of ashes from a
forest, it only takes only a cigarette. To make the internet burn it
takes only a tweet. No matter if fake, if fact, or fiction?
Irrelevant, out in the open it goes! Hugh, I spoke. I don’t require
counter arguments. I am already a democrat. Fuck the facts, you’re not
my dad! May the enemy scorch in the purgatory of my projections. Burn,
baby, burn!

As an artist collective we contemplate the value of facts within our
society. Our fictional narrative is (also) set in the middle of
Berlin. Informed by a true incident of messianic hope for salvation
and tribal justice inside the global village. We ask: who speaks out
there for the privatized court of the internet. Who are the
self-proclaimed cyber sheriffs? And why have they brought a giant
wooden horse?

Concept/Stage Direction: Christian Römer | Text: Anna Catherin Loll | Video:
Mario Simon | Choreography: Yuko Matsuyama | Set/Costume Design: Grit Wendicke

Featuring: Allen Boxer, Hrund Ósk Árnadóttir, Angela Braun, Mario
Klischies und Bijan Azadian