[RUS] [POLITICS] Russia - the father of Patriotism/ Nationalism

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Sep 23 19:54:50 PDT 2017

For those disillusioned with any or all of:
 - the profligate "Liberal West" (capital L and scare quotes
   absolutely intended),
 - the reactionary will-destroying national guilt complex ever
   burdening the Germans,
 - the tall poppy syndrome "all intellectual competency is a threat"
   so rife here in Australia and elsewhere,
 - the cotton wool, safe space, "let's have a cry-in at Juan's"
   feminine domination of society,
 - the denial of facts to the decrying of facts to the absolute
   assertions that "some facts are literally not to be talked about",
   at least (((according to some self-proclaimed "punks")))

or any of the many other psychological ills and woes we witness daily
in this connected era, is it any wonder that those of a conservative
nature might get a little tired of the Illuminaughty's endless chaos,
wars, destruction and Jewish debt-based cyclical boom and bust
cycles?

And further that said humans of a conservative nature might tend to
gravitate to "nationalistically rational strong-men" 'leaders'?

The following is a labour of love in the careful translation from
Russian which we witness, giving an insight into some history, some
pscyhological analysis, and wrapped in little to no hype for us "mere
English speakers" - even some "Translator's notes" adorn the end".
Worth the time for those who have it.

Enjoy,

Original (in Russian):
https://um.plus/2016/04/09/rossiya-rodina-mamontov-i-patriotov/

English links:

http://www.unz.com/akarlin/mammoths-and-patriots/

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/russia-has-been-fighting-european-nation-building-13th-century/ri20928

  “Sometimes I hear that saying “patriotism as a national idea” is
  akin to saying that water is wet. However, this argument comes from
  people with a very superficial understanding of how difficult it is
  to be patriot given that, unlike a comfortable cosmopolitanism,
  patriotism is the path of struggle. Also, they fail to realize how
  important the contribution of Russia and Russian culture is to
  shaping the very phenomenon of a patriotic consciousness in the
  modern world. The Russians developed patriotism as a national idea
  far earlier than most European nations. And it is Russia that keeps
  its faith in a “Europe of Fatherlands” or a “World of Fatherlands”
  in today’s age of identity erasure.”