Outreachy - Internerships for Underrrepresented People in Tech

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 17:35:09 PDT 2017

Much love and good luck!  <3

Ceci, late, always late...  Sorry, I was invited to be the next
Alice's White Rabbit and I am trying...  :P

PS:  - Same-Sex Marriage in Australia, woohoo!!!  ;D

==========

Outreachy internships are open internationally to women (cis and
trans), trans men, and genderqueer people. Internships are also open
to residents and nationals of the United States of any gender who are
Black/African American, Hispanic/Latin@, Native American/American
Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander. We are
planning to expand the program to more participants from
underrepresented backgrounds in the future.

#  https://www.outreachy.org

Outreachy provides three-month internships for people from groups
traditionally underrepresented in tech. Interns are paid a stipend of
$5,500 and have a $500 travel stipend available to them. Interns work
remotely with mentors from Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)
communities on projects ranging from programming, user experience,
documentation, illustration and graphical design, to data science.
Interns often find employment after their internship with Outreachy
sponsors or in jobs that use the FOSS skills they learned during their
internship.

-------
"Don't let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or
your curiosity.  It's your place in the world; it's your life.  Go on
and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live."  -
 Mae Jemison