the tor self-parody

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 15:32:31 PDT 2017

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 04:17:14 -0400
John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:

> There is absolutely no way every vendor that sold shit on
> SR / alphabay / etc has been busted.

	For the record, I didn't say they were (though more than a few
	vendors may have been caught too)

> The site operators,
> of SR and alphabay at least, were caught and royally fucked,
> but a shit load of vendors made a lot of money and still
> haven't received indictments.

	I'm just saying that any 'high profile' 'hidden' service
	becomes unhidden sooner or later...or the owners close it
	before it's too late

	https://www.reddit.com/r/AgMarketplace/comments/3idznd/agora_to_pause_operations/

	then again, that's exactly what the 'fine print' from the tor
	mafia says

	http://www.ohmygodel.com/publications/usersrouted-ccs13.pdf

	what's really crazy is that the tor mafia both runs a marketing
	scam like http://torproject.org/

	"Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network
	surveillance and traffic analysis."

	while publishing 'academic' 'papers' explaining what kind of
	shit tor really is.