Is The Story of the Irish Slaves Being Rewritten on the Internet ?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Sep 19 05:13:16 PDT 2017

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 11:24:00PM +0000, Historian wrote:
> Archive Politics.
> This is how wars are fought.
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> I swear that 1-2 years ago when I heard about the Irish slaves stuff for
> the first time I did read a wikipedia article about it stating things as
> things that actually happened mentioning 1million+ Irish having been
> enslaved in the USA.
>
> Now the only thing I find on Wikipedia regarding this is this:
> wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_slaves_myth
>
> I am 100% sure that the google results to the search of "irish slaves"
> did not show up a single result that claimed that it is just a myth. Now
> it is ALL links to places where it's claimed to be a myth.
>
> What the fuck?

Welcome to the world of collaborative editing for hire.

> Does anyone else remember having read an actual Wikipedia article about
> this that stated it as something that happened?

I don't recall it, but wouldn't surprise.

You could try encyclopaedia dramatica, but that's even less credible
than the Wiki.

What is needed is curated content - find a book with the historical
facts, scan it, spread - MANY folks will be interested in the facts,
and when you spread the awareness of the actual facts like this, then
we may find some folks get involved in correcting the facts on
Wikipedia - and even then it often enough descends into editing wars
and who's paying who etc.

Find the definitive references, spread em by hand. If you had a link,
many will download - source material is not appreciated by many, but
for those who know the true power of actual facts? Gold!

Enjoy the ride :)