Why I can't sleep soundly with blockchain, being the cypherpunk

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 12:50:46 PDT 2017

On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 19:22:45 -0700
Steven Schear <schear.steve at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not at all surprised that CPunks did not kick off the revolution
> many of us desired.
>
> One reason was that, despite Tim C May's mantra that, "cypherpunks
> write code", not many of us were capable or did. Many who hung out on
> the list and were technically competent weren't true believers

	so the obvious explanation is that the number of people
	actually interesed in freedom is like 3 or 4...

	furthermore, the idea that purely technical means are going to
	solve the political problem is nonsense.

	if anything, technology gives incredible power to the
	government nazis and the nazis working 'private' businesses.

> and/or
> were still more focused on their careers. When times were poor for
> our employment there would be a significant surge in doing coding but
> as soon as the good times returned these people were no where to be
> found.
>
> Another reason is our lack of understanding of the importance of UIs

	come on....