Disroot + OpenNIC Project + GoldBug

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 10:28:53 PDT 2017

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 11:33 PM, Cecilia Tanaka
<cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am testing these ones just for fun.  They seem very interesting and
> cute.  Don't ask me about the security yet, hihi!  :D

> #  http://goldbug.sf.net

It's been posted many times that the "goldbug" family of products
are *extremely snakeoil suspect* for a variety of reasons.

Sandbox, test, play, code review, security analyze, compile,
find exploits / weaknesses / applications, whatever... have fun.

However people should not use them in production till they've searched
for and resolved to their satisfaction the issues called out in posts
on the various lists ("goldbug": cypherpunks, tor, gnupg, etc).

Adding to that note, here's a couple more random popup shill
posting accounts to add to the list of bizarre comms shills...
https://www.reddit.com/user/caro333
https://www.reddit.com/user/maliboo123

Search, test, analysis, resolution... applies to all tools before use.