[from offlist] Re: Juan-fap go bye-bye now...

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Sep 1 05:36:19 PDT 2017

On 2017-09-01 09:41, Razer wrote:

> Your turn. What makes you think the alleged 'old' testament is of Judaic
> origin, or is even correct regarding 'tales told about days of yore',
> when compared to the Talmud and affiliated passed-down teachings?

Old Testament based on the Septuagint, which we know from recorded
history existed in its current form in 250BC, translated from Hebrew
sources at the command of the Greek ruler of Egypt.

Jewish texts cannot be reliably dated to earlier than about 600AD.  For
all we know some random bunch of people reinvented Judaism around six or
seven hundred AD, except insofar as their texts have much in common with
the Septuagint.