japanese was - Re: jimbellproject.org is looking for volunteers

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 22:16:59 PDT 2017

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 8:20 AM, John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:

>>> PS:  -  John, I love you and your messages, but I answer later because
>>> I am almost "kutabareying"  - haha!! -  now, sorry.  Do you know the
>>> history behind the New LW&C?  It's a fucking sad story, but its
>
> All I know is what was written in an intro to the
> first translated volume - Kazuo Koike, still alive after
> the artist Goseki had long passed away, at first
> was reluctant to continue the story without his
> old collaborator... but then Hideki Mori came along
> and Kazuo felt like he was the spiritual successor
> to Goseki, asked Goseki's wife for permission
> to continue the book, and that's all I know ;)
>
> Hideki Mori's art is fantastic, and does have a remarkable
> similarity to that of Goseki Kojima.

==========

Hi, John!  Hope you are doing amazing and reading a lot of manga!  :D

#  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_FIFA_World_Cup

In 2002, during the World Cup, the Brazil national football team was
the champion and Ronaldo was the Cup's top scorer, our best player.
Do you recognize his haircut?  :)

#  http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eXQkfICoets/Tkrs-OTORuI/AAAAAAAABGo/HfirB6fz5wM/s1600/ronaldo+2002.jpg

#  http://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.timetoast.com/public/uploads/photos/5518637/2002.jpg?1476940945

#  https://copa3x4.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/ronaldo2002.jpg

Hahaha!!!  The Word Cup happened in Japan and Korea and Japanese
people are very superstitious and love the "Lone Wolf And Cub" series,
so Kazuo Koike received hundreds and hundreds of letters and e-mails
begging for Daigoro' stories after his father's death.  They said that
Ronaldo's haircut was a signal of God, of Goseki Kojima to write more
stories giving Daigoro, still a toddler, a destiny.

So Koike asked for permission to Kojima's family and got a very brave
artist, with a similar style to Kojima, named Hideki Mori.  It was a
great honor, a huge responsibility, so Mori trained days and nights
like a crazy, almost becoming sick with all his efforts, giving his
best to make his drawings the most similar possible to Kojima's art.
All his drawings and paintings were revised for Kazuo Koike because he
promised it to Kojima's family and to the LW&C fans.  He searched the
perfection to honor his friend and collaborator, Goseki Kojima.
Loyalty and respect until the end.  <3

Wish you loyal and good friends, my dear.  Take care.  <3

Ceci