"CO2 close to lowest levels ever for our planet"

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 20:58:08 PDT 2017

On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 19:50:02 -0400
Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

> No.  In the event of a global collapse of industrial economies and
> heavy industry itself, the people who "control the system" LOSE their
> ecological niche in the power structure of human affairs.

	I still don't see how...

> Sure, they will be able to exercise their power /during/ the collapse
> to hoard food and trade goods, and will field private armies under
> whatever banner of Good Old Days authority suits their fancy.  But
> their reach will be very limited and they will face a few little
> problems:  Raiding by other ex-rulers, attrition from insurrections
> and desertions, and of course, a few little problems from independent
> gangs of peasants who don't appreciate it when the little they have
> is threatened by gangs employed by their ex-rulers.

	Yes that can happen for a while but all the underlying cultural
	problems remain and they will lead to the same political
	landscape sooner or later.

> Natural selection favors cooperation and coordinated activity.

	Yes, coordinated activity. That's why the state is so
	effective.

> The
> more self contained and committed to mutual defense a given community
> is, the safer it will be from raiders and the better able to convert
> to fully localized industry for production of food, water,
> electricity, communications, medical care, etc.

	"The more self contained and committed to mutual defense a
	given community"

	'community' can also be replaced with 'ruling mafia'. So the
	more commited a ruling mafia is to self-defense (and attack),
	the more effective it is. Industrialization or lack of it
	doesn't change that sort of underlying social mechanism.

> >> The mega-State and massively concentrated
> >> wealth and power making anything like self rule or an even break
> >> impossible are on the way out.
> >
> > 	Seems to me that the only way to get rid of wealth and power
> > 	concentration is to start smashing cops heads. Natural
> > 	disasters won't smash cops heads.
>
> I see you are still fully controlled by your Fascist Pig masters, who
> have programmed you to self-destruct in the event that you reach the
> end of your usefulness to them.

	Haha, that sounded really funny, but seriously, how on earth
	did you reach that conclusion? =P

> I'm sure your absolute loyalty and
> obedience will be appreciated - amid laughter - and rewarded with a
> bullet or two.

	Oh of course if that was tried by a few isolated individuals no
	doubt they would be executed on the spot.

> They often serve best and most faithfully, who rebel as they are told.

	...not sure why you'd think that my idea of basic
	justice (killing the pigs) comes from the pigs themselves?

	So, the solution to the political problem is to smash cops
	heads AND see your point aboe :  "The more self contained and
	committed to mutual defense a given community..."

	It's obvious that to fight against the state, coordination and
	some critical mass are required, not only violence.