"CO2 close to lowest levels ever for our planet"

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Oct 17 16:59:28 PDT 2017

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 05:13:57PM -0400, John Newman wrote:

> >> Here's an even easier one - see the picture on page 8 (another little
> >> doc put together by Gil May) - 4 pine trees grown in controlled
> >> conditions with varying CO2 levels.
> >>
> >> Plants really needed the CO2 from the industrial revolution -
> >> otherwise the levels were quite literally precariously low for life
> >> on this planet. I'd like to see how long we'll be "right" for going
> >> forward with the amount of plant food we've pumped into our
> >> atmosphere. At least we're nearly out of the red zone...
> >
> > Who the fuck is Gil May?
> >
> > You are the most gullible idiot I've ever... wait, actually, you're
> > quite representative of a bunch of gullible fucking morons that seem to
> > dominate humanity.
> >
> > Link:
> >
> > https://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/24/
> >
> > See attached graph.
> > <24_co2-graph-021116-768px.jpg>
>
> in case the significance doesn't dawn - look
> at the time scale.

Thanks for your graph.

Sorry for the docx file - I guess you were unable to open that first
one properly, I've saved it as PDF (attached) - check out the graph
on page 10, and note its timescale - it's another time scale again.

These geologic time scales can be a little deceptive - you see a
graph with a time scale of 400,000 years and think "oh wow, that's
yuge! That's the bees knees of the facts we need to know" and then
along comes another time scale - an order of magnitude greater.

Oh wait, let me recalibrate - actually TWO orders of magnitude
greater.

So thinking you have the full picture is, of course, an easy mistake
to make...

Regards,